Do you know that you can make extra money every month on your mobile phone with no stress? No doubt, mobile telecommunication is one of the finest human inventions of our time.
Our world is mobile now. Almost everything can be done on a mobile phone. We can transfer money from our bank account to another. We can make orders for products and get them delivered to us. We can check for the traffic status on the road before plying our route. We can sign up for classes to take courses of our choice.
Gone are the days when we used to buy airtime at Cyber Cafe before we could surf the web. The story has changed and the good news is we have more than enough opportunities to explore in the mobile technology world.
Mobile technology makes it easy for people now to make money with their mobile phones. People are running their hustles, attending to their customers using mobile phones.
I know freelance writers who use their mobile phones to deliver writing projects to clients.
Years ago, if you were told that there would be mobile applications development jobs, you would disagree. Now, we have people whose daily job is to develop mobile applications, and they can do this because of mobile telecommunication.
On this blog post, I would like to open your eyes to one of the finest and quiet money-making side hustles you can have in Nigeria. The capital is so small that you can afford to start the business immediately after reading this post.
You don’t need to rent a shop. You don’t need to have an office space. Your smartphone is your office and the tool you need to kickstart the hustle.
What’s the side hustle idea I’m talking about?
It’s a virtual top-up kind of hustle where you will be selling MTN SME data to people who make orders for it and get paid. Once you have an order, you’ll simply collect the MTN number that your customer wants to buy the data for, then send data to the line.
Your customer can be in Sokoto while you’re in Port Harcourt. Distance means nothing to this business.
MTN SME data has been around for a while and it empowers people to make money full time and on the side.
According to MTN: “MTN SME DataShare is a prepaid service that allows business owners to buy data bundles and share with their staff. This service is specifically designed for growing businesses offering them the ability to centrally manage internet usage per staff across their business.”
This MTN SME Data originally innovated for small business owners has become a product through which many people make a decent income daily in Nigeria.
How do you make money selling this MTN SME Data?
Making money selling MTN SME data in Nigeria is straightforward. You fill your wallet with some amounts of money for data, you make orders on the platform when customers make requests for data, and you send it to them at your own profitable rates. Is this not simple?
What are the things you need to get started?
- A smartphone: You need to own an Internet enabled phone to start this hustle. And I believe that if you are reading this post, you already own one of the resources the hustle requires.
- A bank account and mobile app: As the mobile technology empowers us to transfer money easily on our mobile phone, you need to have a bank account and bank mobile application for payments.
- Capital: You can start the business with as little as a thousand naira only. You don’t need to take a loan from any entity.
Step by step guide on how to start selling MTN SME data:
Actually, a few years ago, to start this business, you will need to have like N100, 000 because you’ll have to buy the data directly from MTN and no other means.
As time goes on, people are coming up with different innovations to make things become easy for people.
Now, you don’t have to buy directly from the network. All you need to do is register on a reliable website that provides the service, fill your wallet with a minimum of N1, 000, and make orders when your customers want to buy data.
The website you will be using to sell the MTN SME is www.simplevtu.com
Let me walk you through how to get started in these easy to follow steps:
- Visit www.simplevtu.com and register an account.
- Click on the navigation menu.
- Click on ‘register’ button
- Provide all the required information
- After you have registered successfully, check for welcome mail in your spam folder, and mark the mail as non “SPAM”. This will enable you to be receiving notifications directly into your inbox from Simplevtu in the future
- Login to your account
- Fund your wallet: There are two methods of funding your wallet. Every registered user of the platform has a valid virtual account number attached to his wallet for easy wallet funding. This account number is dedicated to you. You can save this account number as a beneficiary on your banking apps to make transferring even easier. Remember you can also transfer via your bank’s USSD. You can check your dedicated account number by following these steps. Login to your account. Click on the menu icon.
- Click on bank details:
- Then transfer money to the displayed sterling account
- Within minutes, your wallet will be funded.
- The 2nd Method of funding your wallet is to simply click on this Simplevtu Support WhatsApp link and chat them up: https://wa.link/hinjc8 and your wallet will be funded.
- To enjoy all discounts available on the platform, you will need to upgrade to ‘Premium Membership’. For now, the fee for upgrade is just N100 and it will be increased later.
- On your dashboard, click on ‘Upgrade/Downgrade Level.
- You should have a screen like this, then click
- After you have selected–Premium Membership, click on the submit button
- Join the resellers’ group by clicking on this link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/GFSjkxn4jF9DH0Y2yNeoYV
- Start making money ?
Additional things you can do on www.simplevtu.com to make money in Nigeria
Apart from selling MTN SME data to people, you can also offer services like cable tv subscriptions ( GOTv, Startimes, DStv), electricity bill payments (Prepaid and postpaid), and airtime.
All these services are at discounted rates. There is a 2% discount on airtime of all networks except MTN which is 1.5%. This is how it works: For instance when you make an order for N100 airtime, you will be charged N98 only from your wallet. If you order for N1000 airtime, you will pay N980 only.
There are discounts on cable tv subscriptions too. The people who offer this service usually add N100 to every subscription package their customers want. Even banks do the same. When their customers make use of their bank mobile app to pay for a cable tv subscription, they get debited for an extra N100 on the subscription.
Can you now see how easy it is to make money with your mobile phone in Nigeria?
How to find customers for your hustle in Nigeria
See, customers are everywhere for you. There are about 99 million Internet users in Nigeria, and over 150 million mobile phone subscribers.
The first category of people buy airtime and Internet data bundles daily, weekly, and monthly. The second category loads airtime only on their phone.
As a hustler, you have to think in numbers. You have to think of how to market your hustle to the number of people within your reach, and the internet is enabling people and businesses to break physical boundaries. Now it means you can reach a wide audience with little resources at your disposal.
Start telling people in your circle of influence about your hustle. Design digital and print stickers for it. Post the stickers at places where people mostly converge.
People visit viewing centres to watch football matches mostly during weekends. It’s a good place for you to post stickers there.
Do you have questions or suggestions or something to contribute? Please, leave comments in the tab below.
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family. You can do this by simply clicking on social media icons on this page.
If you have any issues using any of the services available on www.simplevtu.com, please, drop comments.
“Good things happen to those who hustle.” – Anais Nin
Start Hustle Now!